Sidmouth ladies tumble out of cup competitions
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Ladies faced disappointment in the past week when they lost both the Top Club and the Interclub rounds, writes Susie Bonnell.
On Tuesday a Top Club competition trip was made to Hemyock.
Whilst two disciplines - the Rinks and the triples - won their matches, the other two - the pairs and the 4 wood singles, lost.
The score difference was so tight, but Hemyock won by four points overall, giving them the win needed to go on to another round.
On Wednesday Sidmouth Interclub team played Kings, hosted by Starcross.
You may also want to watch:
Skip, Jill Bishop, with her team of Pat Prichard, Zena Johnson and Valerie Newnham, lost by the narrowest of margins, a single point, going down 22-21.
The other rink produced an emphatic 24-14 success for Kings.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
So it’s a case of commiserations to the Sidmouth Ladies - but they’ll be back for another go next year.