Sidmouth ladies washed out on visit to Starcross
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies set off in lovely sunshine for an Over-50s Yellow team match at Starcross, writes Susie Bonnell.
The team met pre-match at the Anchor Inn in nearby Cockwood for a lovely pub lunch - a very relaxed way to prepare for the challenge ahead!
By 1.30pm the dark clouds were closing in and we arrived at Starcross with a few spots of rain.
Needless to say, by the time we were changed and ready to play for a 2pm start, the heavens opened and we were soaked!
After only two trial ends and a deluge of hailstones, we retreated to see if it was a passing shower.
You may also want to watch:
It was certainly a case of ‘an early bath’ - after a leisurely cup of tea and still more rain, the match was abandoned.
Never mind, it means a re-visit in a few weeks’ time and an opportunity to try out the other pub.
- 1 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat