Sidmouth ladies win County Triples section final at Seaton
- Credit: Archant
Last Thursday, on a very cool late afternoon, a Sidmouth ladies’ trio went off to Seaton to contest the Section 3B final of the County Triples, writes Carol Smith.
Sidmouth didn’t start too well, losing on the first four ends, but managed to keep the loss down to one each end.
Then Seaton ladies didn’t score for the next four ends. After that the game was nip and tuck all the way and what an exciting game it was!
There was never more than one or two shots either way and Sidmouth went into the final end – the 18th – just a single shot down.
However, on a very tricky green, our lead, Jean, managed to get a very close shot, which to our relief stayed there.
You may also want to watch:
The opposition thought they had second shot so that would have caused an extra end. After a very close measure, the second shot was ours, and the final score was one of 14 shots to us and 13 to them – phew!
So, well done, Jean Brimson, Jane Painter and skip Carol Smith, who now are down to the last 16 and go on to play at team from Section 4B at the Exonia Club in Exeter on July 2.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 6 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands