Sidmouth ladies win final game of indoor season
- Credit: Archant
Wednesday morning saw the last ladies’ game of the indoor season, writes Carol Smith.
This was played against our friends and rivals from Exmouth-based Maderia.
A great morning was had by all with lots of competition, but also plenty of laughter. The last game we played against them was on their home ground and we lost on all three rinks.
However, this time it was a reversal of fortune as we won on all three rinks on our home green and the overall score was one of 51 shots to 31 in our favour.
The top rink for Sidmouth was the one Mary Turner, Anita Mason and skip Elaine Reed, who won 16-7.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday our men went off to play Honiton in a friendly game.
It turned out to be a closely contested encounter and with only one end to go the scores were pretty even.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
However, playing their last end, one Sidmouth team picked up a four to help win the match by that very same margin – four shots – with the final score being 73-69.
That successful rink to secure the four shot victory was the one of Bill Sheeman, Mick Cox and skip Tony Broughton, who won 24-13.