Sidmouth ladies win final game of indoor season
- Credit: Archant
Wednesday morning saw the last ladies’ game of the indoor season, writes Carol Smith.
This was played against our friends and rivals from Exmouth-based Maderia.
A great morning was had by all with lots of competition, but also plenty of laughter. The last game we played against them was on their home ground and we lost on all three rinks.
However, this time it was a reversal of fortune as we won on all three rinks on our home green and the overall score was one of 51 shots to 31 in our favour.
The top rink for Sidmouth was the one Mary Turner, Anita Mason and skip Elaine Reed, who won 16-7.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday our men went off to play Honiton in a friendly game.
It turned out to be a closely contested encounter and with only one end to go the scores were pretty even.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 3 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 4 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 5 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 6 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
- 9 Sidmouth bowlers suffer Madeira defeat
- 10 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
However, playing their last end, one Sidmouth team picked up a four to help win the match by that very same margin – four shots – with the final score being 73-69.
That successful rink to secure the four shot victory was the one of Bill Sheeman, Mick Cox and skip Tony Broughton, who won 24-13.