Sidmouth ladies win Foxlands match against Mid Devon
The final Wednesday of November saw the Sidmouth ladies play another round in this season’s Lane Trophy, write Sue and Peter Mison.
Madeira were the opposition for the two rink, home and away fixture.
The Exmouth side are always strong opposition and they claimed victory on three rinks.
The lone success for Sidmouth was the rink of Jenny Crow, Jackie Godbeer, Christa Turner and skip Rita Daw who won 12-8 I a hard fought home match.
Due to illness on the day grateful thanks must go to Christa Turner who stepped in to play at home and Mary Turner, due to play at home, who played away and provided the transport!
You may also want to watch:
The same afternoon Sidmouth Men also played Madeira in the first round of the County Trophy competition.
Like their ladies team’s Madeira always field a strong and competitive side and unfortunately for Sidmouth this resulted in defeat on all four rinks!
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Last Thursday Sidmouth ladies played a Foxlands League match against Mid Devon. Both the home rinks and one away rink were victorious with the other losing by just two shots.
Well done, ladies o a fabulous effort that yielded eight points out of a possible ten!
The top performing rink was that of Pat Ashton Pritchard, Shirley Rose, Zena Johnson and skip Chris Hamer who won 25-11. The win lifts the team into a lofty third spot in the league!
On Friday afternoon three ladies triples rinks travelled to Madeira for a friendly match. On this occasion Madeira won overall by eight shots and by two rinks to one. Well done, to our winning rink Mary Bristow, Jean Green and skip Paddy Wrench who triumphed 16-9.
On Saturday Sidmouth Men entertained near rivals Honiton in a three rink friendly triples match.
Sidmouth were victorious on this occasion winning by two rinks to one and by an overall score of 51 shots to 40. Well done, to our best rink Ray Tallent, Ken Tolley and skip John Mason who won by 22 shots to seven.