Sidmouth ladies win well against Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies have had a busy week playing in three friendly matches and two league games.
First up, in the meeting with Honiton, Sidmouth had a good result, winning on two rinks out of three that were played.
Mary Turner, Anita Mason, Jean Green and Zena Johnson had an exceptional result, winning their contest 36 shots to six.
However, the team did not enjoy such good fortune in the meeting with Budleigh against whom they lost on both rinks, but they bounced back to defeat Madeira, winning on two of the rinks in that meeting.
A lane League match with Honiton saw Sidmouth lose on three of the rinks. The team were also down on the fourth when, with the last bowl of the match, a desperation-weighted shot by the team skip, saved the day and salvaged two points!
You may also want to watch:
There was better news in the Foxlands League with the team winning on two rinks and drawing on one. However, an overall shot difference meant seven points out of a possible ten were banked.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford