Sidmouth ladies Yellows edged out by Madeira
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies hosted Madeira for their last game in Over-50s League, writes Susie Bonnell.
Amazingly, considering the late August weather that the county has had to put up with, the sun shone and it was a beautiful day for bowls.
However, that was as good as it got for Sidmouth, who, despite their best efforts, only won on one of the two rinks.
It was a very tight finish, with one rink winning by one shot and the other losing by two shots!
Madeira had an overall win with an aggregate score of 32-31, giving them four of the available six points.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth ladies now have to wait for the other teams to finish all their games to hear where they have come on the league table.
Fingers crossed Sidmouth will retain their top position.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients