Sidmouth lady bowlers complete another fine indoor season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Bowls Club ladies’ section staged their indoor finals and there were some terrific matches played, writes Mary Turner.
Jean Brimson emerged as the winner in the ladies singles, leaving Jane Painter as the runner-up.
In the ladies pair’s, there was success for Janice Quinn and Zena Johnson with Pat Harvie and Jill Bishop the runners-up.
Janice Quin also featured in the Rosemullion competition, coming runner-up to winner Maureen Lamb.
The Joan Jeffrey Trophy final served up success for Jean Brimson, Sylvia Cook, Shirley Rose and skip Brenda Somerfield, with the gallant runners-up being Ann Elwood, Jackie Godbeer, Anita Mason and skip Jill Bishop.
You may also want to watch:
Jill Bishop, Anita Mason and Jackie Godbeer were also part of the successful team that won the ladies pair’s league. The other members of that successful group were team organiser Mary Turner, Susie Bonnell and Jenny Crowe.
The runners-up in the ladies’ pairs league were Ann Capon, Wendy Cox, Freda Humphreys, Jane Painter, Paddy Wrench and team organiser Jean Brimsom.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
The ladies’ triples’ league was team Freesia who comprised Sheila Graham, Feda Humphreys, Margaret King, Lorna Lever,Anita Mason Carol Timms and team organiser Jill Bishop.
Team Camellia were the runners-up and they comprised Paddy Chew, Sylvia Cook, Gill Cronk, Ann Elwood, Jackie Godbeer, Pat Harvie, Chris Radburn and team organiser Eileen Hewett.
Congratulations to the winners and thank-you to everyone who took part.