Sidmouth lady bowlers complete outdoor season double over the gentlemen
- Credit: Archant
The club gathered for the playing of the end-of-season meeting between the ladies and the gentlemen, writes Carol Smith.
These matches, although very competitive, are also great fun, with lots of laughter and great banter.
This latest contest was certainly no exception! Remember, we ladies had won the meeting with the men at the beginning of the season, beating them overall by 10 shots.
That made another ladies' success all the sweeter; indeed this latest win by nine shots adds up to an outdoor season double for the ladies!
The ladies' top team comprised of Sue Turner, Brenda Somerfield and skip Jill Bishop (19-11).
You may also want to watch:
For the men, the top team was the one of Harry Carpenter, Derek Mountford, Rob Wheaton and skip John Mason (19-14).
It was a great afternoon finishing in the bar with the men buying our drinks. Thanks very much, gentlemen, and thanks are also due in abundance to Eileen for doing our tea and, of course, our barman.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences