Sidmouth lady bowlers edged out by Honiton
Sidmouth Bowls Club, ladies’ section launched the 2014 season last week, writes Susan Bonnell.
The ladies visited Honiton for a friendly match.
What a glorious start to the summer of outdoor bowls!
The weather, which had promised rain, changed its mind, to leave the three visiting teams to play in beautiful sunshine.
The birds were singing, there were blue skies, with a mild breeze blowing, and a good time was had by all.
You may also want to watch:
Pat Ashton-Pritchard was captain for the day and led two of her three teams to victory, although Honiton just pipped Sidmouth to the post, with an overall score of 50 for Honiton and 47 for Sidmouth.
The best performing rink was Pat Ashton-Pritchard’s, with her team, Elaine Reed and Jean Green with a score of 20 against Honiton’s 15.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby