Sidmouth lady bowlers have a good week
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies enjoyed a good week, writes Susie Bonnell.
It began with a friendly match at Honiton where there was some very competitive bowling, with three rinks playing.
Despite losing on two of the three rinks, Sidmouth’s winning rink scored enough advantage shots to secure an overall win - by just one shot - with a final aggregate score of 47 against 46.
The winning rink for Sidmouth was led by skip, Jill Bishop, with her team of Janet Smith, Jean Green and Karen Hollingdale.
Next up was a County League (Lane) meeting with Madeira.
You may also want to watch:
In the Lane competition, two teams play at home and away with a maximum points return of 10 points- two for each winning rinks and two for the team with the overall aggregate score). It proved to be a hard-fought game on all rinks, with one win away and one win at home for Sidmouth and when all the scores were totted up, Sidmouth had won on aggregate by just one shot, giving them six points in total.
The third and final fixture was a County League (Foxlands) meeting with Dawlish.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
This match saw good wins for the Sidmouth ladies on three of the four rinks, with only one losing rink away. It all led to the Sidmouth Foxlands ladies banking an excellent eight points to round off a super week for the Sidmouth lady bowlers.