Sidmouth lady bowlers hit by epidemic of colds
- Credit: Archant
Recently there has been an epidemic of colds amongst the ladies of Sidmouth Bowls Club and that has restricted members from playing in matches, writes Jennifer Fricker.
However, there was action in the Lane Trophy and a meeting with Torquay that saw Sidmouth bank a couple of points.
Congratulations to our one winning team of Lorna Lever,Jackie Godber and Shirley Rose who had a magnificent win of 23 shots to four.
In a second Lane Trophy outing the team fared a little better as four points were banked for the meeting with Plymouth.
In this match the top Sidmouth rink was the one of Ann Elwood Karen Hollingdale and Rita Daw.
You may also want to watch:
Needless to say we are not doing too well in this competition!
However, there was better news from a friendly match against Dawlish as this produced a 55-47 success with wins on two of the three rinks and a narrow defeat on the other.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary