Sidmouth lady bowlers hit by epidemic of colds
- Credit: Archant
Recently there has been an epidemic of colds amongst the ladies of Sidmouth Bowls Club and that has restricted members from playing in matches, writes Jennifer Fricker.
However, there was action in the Lane Trophy and a meeting with Torquay that saw Sidmouth bank a couple of points.
Congratulations to our one winning team of Lorna Lever,Jackie Godber and Shirley Rose who had a magnificent win of 23 shots to four.
In a second Lane Trophy outing the team fared a little better as four points were banked for the meeting with Plymouth.
In this match the top Sidmouth rink was the one of Ann Elwood Karen Hollingdale and Rita Daw.
You may also want to watch:
Needless to say we are not doing too well in this competition!
However, there was better news from a friendly match against Dawlish as this produced a 55-47 success with wins on two of the three rinks and a narrow defeat on the other.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 7 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures