Sidmouth lady captain and her team win the Drive meeting
- Credit: Archant
Following a frenzied Bank Holiday Charity Coffee morning on, Sidmouth bowlers were delighted to see the sun still shining later in the day for their Drive, writes Susie Bonnell.
This year it was somewhat different from the usual Drive - with a type of ‘Crown Green’ style bowling.
If anyone was casually strolling past the club and its fine rinks, they may have been surprised to see bowlers littered all over the green, bowling this way and that, unlike the usually decorous up and down!
You could say - it was the bowls equivalent of crazy golf!
It was a really great afternoon with much shouting and laughter - we certainly had to stay alert and watch out for other players’ woods flying by our ankles.
You may also want to watch:
The day ended with a win for ladies captain, Susie Bonnell, and her team of Jim Wrench and Mick Cox.
The runners-up were the trio of Wendy Cox, Bert Hague and Stewart Thomson.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour