Sidmouth lady captain puts on a very special day
- Credit: Archant
It was with some trepidation we set out for Lady Captain’s Day last Saturday, writes Angela Coles.
A forecast of heavy thundery shower was certainly not ideal!
However, the sun shone and the standard of golf reflected the weather.
The format was a bowmaker, teams of three with two scores to count.
Prizes, with a 125th anniversary theme, were awarded to the winners. Taking first place thanks to an amazing score of 80 points were Anne Blackler, Judy Ritz and Penny Ashby.
You may also want to watch:
Second, with 71 points, were Sheila Thomson, Jocelyn Le Masurier and Alison Cook and third place was taken by the trio of Angela Coles, Margaret Thomson and Andrea Milton who had 69 points.
A nearest the pin prize went to Ann Willoughby and a straightest drive prize was won by Margaret Deuce.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 4 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 5 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 8 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 9 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
Lady captain Liz Chance and her husband Simon provided us with sustenance on the 12th tee with Cornish Pasties, Saffron Buns and Cornish Ale, reflecting their Cornish heritage – many thanks must be afforded to Liz for putting together such an enjoyable day.