Sidmouth lady captain puts on a very special day
- Credit: Archant
It was with some trepidation we set out for Lady Captain’s Day last Saturday, writes Angela Coles.
A forecast of heavy thundery shower was certainly not ideal!
However, the sun shone and the standard of golf reflected the weather.
The format was a bowmaker, teams of three with two scores to count.
Prizes, with a 125th anniversary theme, were awarded to the winners. Taking first place thanks to an amazing score of 80 points were Anne Blackler, Judy Ritz and Penny Ashby.
You may also want to watch:
Second, with 71 points, were Sheila Thomson, Jocelyn Le Masurier and Alison Cook and third place was taken by the trio of Angela Coles, Margaret Thomson and Andrea Milton who had 69 points.
A nearest the pin prize went to Ann Willoughby and a straightest drive prize was won by Margaret Deuce.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Lady captain Liz Chance and her husband Simon provided us with sustenance on the 12th tee with Cornish Pasties, Saffron Buns and Cornish Ale, reflecting their Cornish heritage – many thanks must be afforded to Liz for putting together such an enjoyable day.