Sidmouth Lady Captain’s Day a huge success
- Credit: Archant
Last Saturday was Lady Captain’s Day at Sidmouth Golf Club, writes Maria Clapp.
Margaret Deuce organised a wonderful day for a large turnout and the day was also blessed with beautiful weather.
Given the conditions the day before and the day after the day was truly blessed!
Refreshments were served on the 12th tee by past captains, Jenny Shearer and Dee Bridgewater.
The format of the day was a bowmaker, teams of three with the two best scores to count). To make things more difficult the players had to tee off the white men’s competition tees!
You may also want to watch:
At the conclusion of play the winners were Angela Jones, Jaqui Jones and Andrea Milton with 71 points.
The runners-up were Maria Clapp, Jean Rapersby-Ford and Sue Hackett with 62 and third place was taken by the team of Sheila Tallon, Ros Eaton and Jill Jeffrey with 61.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
On the par three’s, prizes could also be gained for being nearest the pin. These were won by Marie Timms, Sue Langdon and Maria Clapp.
Strawberries and cream were provided for tea, where the ladies were requested to wear hats! Prizes of Dartington glass were awarded to the winners and a bouquet of flowers was presented to the lady captain by way of thanks for a superb day.
In all a sum of £11.25 was raised on the day for the captain’ charity, Hospiscare.
On Wednesday, the ladies’ played a stableford competition and, once again, the weather was kind.
Angela Coles is back on form and she underlined that by winning the day with a magnificent 42 points. That meant her handicap was cut by two shots and she now joins the Silver Division.
Andrea Milton, with 39 points took second and countback was required to determine third place with Maria Clapp edging out Marian Thomas and Marie Timms.
Lady captain Margaret Deuce and Mavis Vanstone were the only players to achieve a two.