Sidmouth Lady Captain’s Day Away Day success for trio
- Credit: Archant
On Tuesday Sidmouth ladies played in Lady Captain’s Away Day which took them to at Okehampton.
The journey to Okehampton was made through torrential rain, but when the action got underway it was under clear skies.
The format was three-ball stableford with two scores to count. The winners on the day were Anne Blackler, Sue Billinghurst and Janet Humberstone.
Sheila Skittrall, Yvonne Anning and Mandy Furniss were the runners-up and third place went to lady captain Angela Coles, Sheila Tallon and one of the club’s newest members, Annie Carter.
There was a nearest the pin prize which was won by Janet Humberstone.
You may also want to watch:
Okehampton kindly donated four green fees and this was won by Jane Renken.
Prizes of chocolates, prosecco and golf items were presented by the lady captain.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
After the presentations the ladies enjoyed a meal and a great day was had by all.
On Wednesday Sidmouth Ladies played for the Moore Cup and Medal 12.
The winner, with a brilliant score of net 67 was Anne Blackler and her success means a handicap reduction of one shot.
The runner-up was Sheila Tallon with another good score of net 68.
In third place was Marian Thomas with a net 70.
The winner of Division One was Anne Blacker, Division Two was Sheila Tallon and Division Three was won by Judy Ritz. Sheila Skittrall won the putting competition. There were no twos scored.