Sidmouth Lady Captain’s Day proves a huge success
- Credit: Archant
Last Thursday proved to be a very special day for all concerned at the club as we staged our Lady Captain’s Day, writes Carol Smith.
It was an event that was a most enjoyable one, with morning and afternoon teams playing captain against vice-captain with proceedings taking a break halfway through for lunch.
In the morning session, the captain’s teams won by just one point overall, but in the afternoon won by even more, with a total overall score of 84 shots to 77.
Every year this is a great fun, yet competitive day, and this year’s was no exception with all our ladies dressed in glittery tops of varying degrees.
It was also great to see some of our elder members, although not now bowling, attending this day.
You may also want to watch:
The highlight of the day was arguably the splendid luncheon organised and served by a team of our men! (This is a first for the indoor section – but given the success of it – hopefully not the last!)
Well done, fellahs, and thank you. In terms of the bowling, the best team of the day for the captain was the one of Mary Bristow, Joan Monagham, Jean Green and skip Shirley Rose.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
For the vice-captain, the pick of the teams was the one skipped by vice-captain Valerie Newnham together with Pat Ashton-Pritchard and Pat Harvie.