Sidmouth lady captain’s team win the ‘end of season’ trophy
- Credit: Archant
The lady captain’s team versus the lady secretary’s team cup was presented to Sidmouth Ladies’ Section by Mrs Jill Powell in 1981, writes Pauline Couldwell.
It is contested annually at the end of the golf season, usually in October.
It is a singles match play competition and this year there were 26 ladies who took part.
The weather was dry and sunny, which was very unexpected as the course had been closed all weekend owing to waterlogging!
However, although it was wet underfoot, the conditions were not too bad and the competition could go ahead.
You may also want to watch:
In what proved to be a close contest throughout with many of the matches going the distance, the overall result was one of seven-and-a-half to five-and-a-half in favour of the lady captain's team who claim the trophy for the next 12 months.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 9 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 10 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling