Sidmouth lady captain set for her long walk
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday a good field of ladies played a fun competition at Sidmouth, writes Penny Ashby.
Two holes were selected by each player as jokers. On these joker holes the stableford points scored were doubled. Yvonne Anning won this competition with a great score of 42 points, followed by Anne Blackler on 39 points and Ros Eaton on 38, on countback from Ann Willoughby and Maria Clapp.
Last week the club competition was won by Pauline Dibley, with Rosemary Walker in second place and Maria Clapp in third.
Next week sees the start of lady captain Liz Chance’s long walk in aid of the captains’ charity fund.
She will start the week next Wednesday with a walk from Seaton to Sidmouth along the cliff path, followed by her usual Wednesday round of golf at the club!
You may also want to watch:
Watch this space next Wednesday to see how she fared over the rest of the week! A celebration ladies’ dinner will take place on her return!
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend