Sidmouth Leisure Centre to hold its first ever racketball competition
Sidmouth Leisure Centre have organised their first ever racketball tournament and it is to be held on Sunday, March 23, writes Karen Cann.
The tournament starts at 10am and is seen by the organisers ‘nothing too serious’, a fun tournament for all standards.
It is hoped that players of all abilities will enter from team and league players through to the recreational racketball and squash players that play regularly at the centre.
To cater for all levels there will be cup and plate competitions contested.
Initially entrants will play on a round-robin basis then the top placed finishers will go in to a knock-out cup competition whilst the rest of the participants go into the plate competition.
You may also want to watch:
Entry fee is only £5 and this includes a t-shirt donated by England Squash and Racketball Association who have also donated rackets as prizes.
Entry forms are available at the sports centre or phone and book a place 01395 577679, entries must be received before Tuesday, March 18.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge