Sidmouth look for Sunday best at Frocester
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth head for the South West Area Finals of the ECB Twenty20 competition on Sunday, writes Stephen Birley.
Will Murray and his men are set to play hosts Forcester from Gloucestershire in the first of two semi-finals. The match starts at 10am and the winners of that game will then player wither South Wales champions Sully Centurions or Cornish champions Werrington in the final (4pm).
Frocester currently sit second in the Wadsworth 6X West of England Premier Division and the tomorrow they play leaders Bath who have a 16-point lead.
Taunton St Andrews and Bridgwater are the two sides sitting immediately below the Gloucestershire side in the table.
Forcester have banked more batting points than any other side in their league, but interestingly, their total of bowling points ahs been bettered by no fewer than six of the ten teams who play their trade in the top flight.
You may also want to watch:
Before the big day at the Twenty20 finals Sidmouth entertain Exeter as they seek to close the gap of 18 points between them and Francis Clark Devon League Premier Division leaders Exmouth.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support