Sidmouth look for Sunday best at Frocester
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth head for the South West Area Finals of the ECB Twenty20 competition on Sunday, writes Stephen Birley.
Will Murray and his men are set to play hosts Forcester from Gloucestershire in the first of two semi-finals. The match starts at 10am and the winners of that game will then player wither South Wales champions Sully Centurions or Cornish champions Werrington in the final (4pm).
Frocester currently sit second in the Wadsworth 6X West of England Premier Division and the tomorrow they play leaders Bath who have a 16-point lead.
Taunton St Andrews and Bridgwater are the two sides sitting immediately below the Gloucestershire side in the table.
Forcester have banked more batting points than any other side in their league, but interestingly, their total of bowling points ahs been bettered by no fewer than six of the ten teams who play their trade in the top flight.
You may also want to watch:
Before the big day at the Twenty20 finals Sidmouth entertain Exeter as they seek to close the gap of 18 points between them and Francis Clark Devon League Premier Division leaders Exmouth.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI