Sidmouth lose final outing in County Trophy Over-60s league
Sidmouth men played their last County Trophy Over-60s League match against Torbay on the usual two rinks at home, two away basis, write, Peter and Sue Mison.
Torbay are always tough opponents and outplayed us in last Wednesday’s match by a considerable margin on the day, winning on all four rinks and by 136 shots to 47.
On Thursday Axminster ladies’ came to play Sidmouth in a friendly match. Sidmouth ladies’ were in good form, only losing on the last end on one rink and winning well on the other two.
Overall Sidmouth won by 75 shots to 51, our best rink being Jean Brimson, Paddy Wrench, Margaret King and skip Chris Hamer, who won by 28 shots to 12. On Saturday morning Sidmouth men played their final game in the Interclub League against Dawlish.
Dawlish provided extremely strong competition and proved the point by winning on all four rinks and by 113 shots to 50.
You may also want to watch:
In the afternoon Torbay came to Sidmouth and played a mixed match against us.
Sidmouth won on two of the three rinks and by 56 shots to 45 overall. Torbay could only provide eleven players so the game was played as two rinks and one triples and our best rink was the triples team of Lorna Lever, Mike Daw and skip Jenny Fricker who won by 22 shots to 11.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
On Sunday afternoon Sidmouth struggled to find a team to travel to Dawlish for a mixed match and the home team kindly supplied four players to make up full rinks.
After an enjoyable afternoon Sidmouth won the day (with a little help from the home club!) by the narrow margin of 62 shots to 60.
Our best rink was John Brown, Dave Lever Cherry Chapman(Dawlish) and skip Paddy Chew who won by 25 shots to 9.