Sidmouth lose the Seagull Trophy to Budleigh
Budleigh Salterton Croquet Club were hosts to Sidmouth Croquet Club last Tuesday for the first ‘friendly’ match, of the twice yearly Association Croquet ‘Derby’ played between the two local clubs, writes Colin Walls.
There were eight players on each side, so 16 singles games were played during the day. In pleasant, sunny, playing weather both teams were level 4-4 at lunch time.
In the afternoon session, on a random draw basis, Budleigh proved to be the superior side winning five games to Sidmouth’s three.
The final result was Budleigh Salterton nine and Sidmouth seven.
Ian Friedlander and Philip Harris were the only two Sidmouth players to win both their games.
You may also want to watch:
Pam Bowra, Sidmouth’s team captain for the day handed over the Seagull Trophy to the successful Budleigh team.
This trophy was won by Sidmouth last year and they vowed to win it back at the return match in September. Budleigh beware!
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls