Sidmouth lose the Seagull Trophy to Budleigh
Budleigh Salterton Croquet Club were hosts to Sidmouth Croquet Club last Tuesday for the first ‘friendly’ match, of the twice yearly Association Croquet ‘Derby’ played between the two local clubs, writes Colin Walls.
There were eight players on each side, so 16 singles games were played during the day. In pleasant, sunny, playing weather both teams were level 4-4 at lunch time.
In the afternoon session, on a random draw basis, Budleigh proved to be the superior side winning five games to Sidmouth’s three.
The final result was Budleigh Salterton nine and Sidmouth seven.
Ian Friedlander and Philip Harris were the only two Sidmouth players to win both their games.
You may also want to watch:
Pam Bowra, Sidmouth’s team captain for the day handed over the Seagull Trophy to the successful Budleigh team.
This trophy was won by Sidmouth last year and they vowed to win it back at the return match in September. Budleigh beware!
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown