Sidmouth lose warm-up game at Werrington
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth were in warm-up action prior to a new Tolchards Devon League season when they travelled to Cornwall to meet Werrington, but went down by 39 runs in the 50-over per side friendly.
The home side recovered from 66-4 after 17.2 over thanks to a 125-run fifth wicket partnership that helped lead them to a close of 244-7 after 50 overs.
Charlie Miles was the most successful of the Sidmouth bowlers claiming four wickets for 49 in ten overs.
Skipper Will Murray was the most economical of his bowlers with his ten overs going for just 26 runs and he claimed a wicket.
Murray used eight different bowlers with Joe Grifiths (1-25) the only other bowler to net success.
You may also want to watch:
The Sidmouth reply was hit by the loss of regular wickets, but a magnificent 113 from just 92 balls by Nick Gingell kept the Fortfield men in the game.
However, Gingell apart, there was no other batsman who could muster more than the 18 of Anthony Dibble as Sid mouth were bowled out for 205 in the 36th over.
- 1 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford