Sidmouth make fine start to the new indoor season
- Credit: Archant
The first two county matches of the season produced an excellent result for the Sidmouth Interclub teams playing Plymouth B, last Saturday, writes Ron Cook.
Although both away rinks lost (19-14 and 27-12), they managed to minimise the deficit picking up four shots on the last two ends to allow the home side to snatch overall victory by two shots with Sidmouth the 84-82 victors.
Both home teams turned in a winning score with the top rink of Trevor Smith. Roger Stewart, Dennis Denner and Brian Smith, thumping the opposition 36-15.
Earlier in the week, there was defeat at the hands of Honiton, but Sidmouth did pick up three points when Bob Seldon and his team Tony Brown, Brian Barber and John Mason won away at Honiton with a score of 21 shots to 17.
This all represents a much better start to the season than last year and hopefully a sign of better results to come.
You may also want to watch:
Last, but not least for this latest report, in the Denny Cup, Sidmouth found South Hams too strong on the day and will now take their place in the Denny Plate competition in which they will face ISCA.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby