Sidmouth make it four from four with Bradninch triumph
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth made it four wins from four in the Francis Clark Devon League after a 70-run win at Bradninch.
Batting first at Kensham Park Sidmouth lost Matt Cooke in the second over and Liam Lewis was back with him in the pavilion inside ten overs.
A third wicket fell on 62 and a fourth at 68 before Pete Randerson and Anthony Griffiths steadied things, adding 76 for the fifth wicket.
A partnership of 42 between Scott Barlow and Henry Jones took the total to 195 and the tail continued to wag to a total of 226 all out in 47.3 overs.
That proved more then enough to win the game, but Bradninch dug in to close on 156-9 which, from 111-8 was quite a recovery. It also denied Sidmouth another maximum point’s haul.
You may also want to watch:
Skipper Will Murray served up a sensational spell with the ball, returning figures of 2-7 in 10 overs, six of which were maidens! Liam Lewis and Scott Barlow both bagged three wicket hauls.
Read a full match report and post match comment in the next edition of the Sidmouth Herald – out next on Friday, May 31.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17