Sidmouth make progress in Section 3 Devon County Fours Group B competition
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth have had mixed fortunes in early season matches, writes Ian Turner.
A home game with Lyme regis resulted in a win for the visitors.
The only home winning rink was that of A England, J Quinn, and skip J Painter.
Next up the Sidmouth Ladies’ played Sidmouth Gents’ and it was the latter who prevuialed.
The Ladies then took on Abbrook Park at Abbrook. One rink was drawn and two were won by Sidmouth giving an overall win of 10 points.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies then turned their attention to the Over-50s League.
The yellow team, taking on St Thomas Exeter, won one rink and lost on the other to go down overall by just four points.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
On the same day the blue team played at Seaton where they won by four points.
Sidmouth hosted a mixed match against South West Umpires.
The home team lost one rink, drew one rink and won on four. The winning rinks were; D Moore, G Blood, B Daniels and skip J Bishop, B Farmer, C Hewett, J Painter and skip M Borst, E Reed, B Hague, J Lewis and skip N Brimson and last, but not least, B Dunbar, F Adlam, D Hughes and skip E Hewett.
Last Friday Sidmouth hosted tourists Spencer Molton from Bradford on Avon and won 124-95. The winning rink was J Quinn, A Mason, B Hague and skip V Newnham.
On Monday of this week Section 3 Devon County Fours Group B matches were hosted by the club.
As a result Sidmouth are now through to the next stage having beaten local rivals, Honiton and Maderia (Exmouth). The Sidmouth winning team was E Reed, P Ashton-Pritchard, J Painter and skip J Bishop. Well done ladies.