Sidmouth Married Couples Cup success for the Tallon duo
- Credit: Archant
It was a case of ‘Dangerous territory on Sunday at Sidmouth Golf Club’, writes John Barnard.
At stake was the Married Couples Cup, so much of ‘unlucky dear’ and it ‘didn’t miss by that much’ was heard.
Twelve brave couples took to the course and at the end of it, I am pleased to say twelve still married couples left the course still talking to each other (or so I am told).
In pride of place were Sheila and Paddy Tallon with a convincing 40 points.
Wisely no doubt, they only play golf together once a year and distance no doubt made the heart grow fonder as they played solid golf to win by two points.
You may also want to watch:
They made a slow start, but 25 points on the back nine including a couple of birdies drove them on to success. In second were Bob and Marian Andrews with 38 points and third were Doug and Jacqui Jones.
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 4 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 5 The questions of British Lions selection
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success