Sidmouth Mavis Vanstone Bowl success for Yvonne Anning
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Ladies played for the Ritchie Cup last Friday, writes Maria Clapp.
Unfortunately, the weather conditions were not the best!
The Ritchie Cup was presented to the club in 1974 by Josie Ritchie.
In first place, with 31 points, was Marie Timms and the runner-up was Jill Jeffrey with 25.
On Wednesday, the ladies played for Medal 10 and also a new prize which was the Mavis Vanstone Rose Bowl, presented to the ladies section this year by Ron Vanstone in memory of his late wife Mavis.
You may also want to watch:
There were certainly high’s and lows with the scoring on the day!
The winner of the Mavis Vanstone Rose Bowl and Medal 10 was Yvonne Anning with an exceptional score of nett 65.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
Mind you, the competition was fierce with three ladies all finishing with nett 65 and so countback was called into play with Yvonne edging Sheila Faulkner and Andrea Milton into second and third place. Both were also second and third in the medal.
Division One was won by Sheila Faulkner, Division Two by Yvonne Anning and Division Three by Andrea Milton. All three of the afore mentioned ladies have had handicap reductions as a result of their play and so has Sheila Skittrall, who finished fourth with a nett 66.
Due to Sheila Faulkner’s performance over recent week’s, she received an exceptional score reduction. This is great news. Well done, Sheila. She also had the lowest gross for the day, which was 77.
The putting prize for this medal was won by lady captain Angela Coles. There were no two’s recorded in Wednesday’s meeting.
Once again the ladies were able to enjoy some splendid weather and all had sun cream at the ready!