Sidmouth Mavis Vanstone Rose Bowl success for Angela Coles
- Credit: Archant
On a glorious autumnal day the Sidmouth ladies had the pleasure of playing their competition for the Mavis Vanstone Rose Bowl, writes Andrea Milton.
Mavis was a member of Sidmouth Golf Club for over twenty years, including being lady captain in 2003.
The format played was a stableford competition and the course looked good, if a little wet underfoot.
In third place was Penny Lyne with 32 points. The runner-up was Liz Chance with 34 points and the winner of the beautiful glass Rose Bowl was Angela Coles with 36 points. Ron Vanstone came to the club to present the prize to the winner.
Also this week, lady captain, Maria Clapp, had her away day at Tiverton Golf Club.
You may also want to watch:
Twenty-four ladies wen,t and a very enjoyable day was had by all. A team stableford competition was played, off full handicap.
In third place were Sheila Faulkner, Mo Kendall and Anna Bath. Second were Gill Paddon, Marian Andrews and Maria Clapp, and, taking the winning slot were Angela Coles, Janet Humberstone and Dorthe Fowler.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown