Sidmouth medal competition joy for Chris Cave
- Credit: Archant
The ladies competition this week was a medal competition, played for the Gertie Skinner cup. In order to qualify to play in this you need to have won a medal or a division through the season, writes Andrea Milton.
All those eligible took to the course for this final qualifier of our golfing year.
Coming in in third place was ladies captain, Maria Clapp with a score of 71. Maria carded three great pars on the second, the eleventh and the twelfth.
In second place, with a score of 70, was Liz Chance. Liz pared the eleventh and twelfth too, and also the short fourth hole and the long thirteenth.
Our winner this week, after countback, was Chris Cave with a net 70. Chris is one of our newer lady members and this is a great win.
You may also want to watch:
Well done to everyone.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start