Sidmouth medal competition joy for Chris Cave
- Credit: Archant
The ladies competition this week was a medal competition, played for the Gertie Skinner cup. In order to qualify to play in this you need to have won a medal or a division through the season, writes Andrea Milton.
All those eligible took to the course for this final qualifier of our golfing year.
Coming in in third place was ladies captain, Maria Clapp with a score of 71. Maria carded three great pars on the second, the eleventh and the twelfth.
In second place, with a score of 70, was Liz Chance. Liz pared the eleventh and twelfth too, and also the short fourth hole and the long thirteenth.
Our winner this week, after countback, was Chris Cave with a net 70. Chris is one of our newer lady members and this is a great win.
You may also want to watch:
Well done to everyone.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge