Sidmouth medal six success for Gerri Whitrow
- Credit: Archant
On a muggy, drizzly Wednesday, 29 players entered the EGU medal six competition, writes Pauline Couldwell.
The weather forecast had predicted that it would clear by lunchtime, but it was not to be thus the later playing golfers arrived back very bedraggled.
Gerri Whitrow won with an excellent nett 66, again earning herself a handicap cut to 35.
In second place was Annie Carter, again with an excellent score of nett 69 and her handicap is cut to 34 and Angela Coles came third with nett 70.
Angela Coles was the division One winner, Jane Renken won Division Two and Gerri Whitrow won Division Three.
You may also want to watch:
All three qualify for entry into the Gertie Skinner Trophy which will be held towards the end of the season.
A putting competition was also run alongside with the winner putting out with the least number of shots.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
The winner was Angela Coles who received a sleeve of balls.
Sheila Faulkner and Marie Timms scored a two on the fourth hole, whilst Sheila Tallon and Janet Humberstone scored a two on the 11th.