Sidmouth medal success for Andrea Milton
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday the ladies played their fourth medal competition of the season, writes Stephen Birley.
Twenty-four ladies took part in glorious sunshine, with the course playing hard and fast.
In third place, with a score of 72 was Judy Ritz. In second place was Susan Hackett, with 70, which got her a handicap reduction to 34, and winning, with a score of 64, was Andrea Milton. This resulted in a handicap cut of three for her, to 26.
Last Friday, twenty-four ladies played in a Ping four ball qualifier. This is a team competition where you compete in pairs.
The winners on the day were Susan Hackett and Andrea Milton, with 40 points. Second were Liz Chance and Yvonne Anning, with 39 points on count back from Jill Jeffery and Pauline Couldwell in third place, also with 39.
You may also want to watch:
These qualifiers are played at golf clubs nation wide and the top 100 pairs in the country are invited to the Finals in Lincolnshire in September.
After the competition the ladies held a tea party for one of our members who is moving away.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Margaret Deuce has been a member of Sidmouth golf club for many years, lady captain three times and is our go-to person for any question regarding golf rules.
She is a very valued member of our club and will be greatly missed when she moves. But, of course, everyone wishes her much happiness in her new home and new golf club!