Sidmouth men bowl to Interclub win over Torquay
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth men were in Saturday morning action against a team from Torquay in the Devon Interclub competition, writes Carol Smith.
Sidmouth went into the game having lost their last three games – all by narrow margins – but this time they came through as winners, though it was something of a nail-biting encounter!
News filtered through that both the Sidmouth away rinks had been edged out, but only by a combined total of eight shots, which, I might add, is pretty good when playing away!
And so to the action at home where the rink of Bill Sheerman, Allan Davis, Mark Stephens and skip Ken Wheeler had already won 23-11.
Chris Nappin’s rink had one more end to go and Chris was four shots down when he stepped forward to bowl (no pressure then!).
You may also want to watch:
With ice cold nerve, Chris drew with his second shot and that left Sidmouth 80-78 winners overall – phew!
If you are reading this and thinking of trying this great game of bowls, why not come to our open day.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
It is being held on Saturday, February 24, and runs from 10.30am through to 1pm.
There’s a free trial on offer with bowls provided. There will also be refreshments. Go on, come and give it a go, you can be sure of a warm welcome. You can simply turn up on the day or, if you would like more information, please call 07958 938031.