Sidmouth men bowl to Interclub win over Torquay
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth men were in Saturday morning action against a team from Torquay in the Devon Interclub competition, writes Carol Smith.
Sidmouth went into the game having lost their last three games – all by narrow margins – but this time they came through as winners, though it was something of a nail-biting encounter!
News filtered through that both the Sidmouth away rinks had been edged out, but only by a combined total of eight shots, which, I might add, is pretty good when playing away!
And so to the action at home where the rink of Bill Sheerman, Allan Davis, Mark Stephens and skip Ken Wheeler had already won 23-11.
Chris Nappin’s rink had one more end to go and Chris was four shots down when he stepped forward to bowl (no pressure then!).
You may also want to watch:
With ice cold nerve, Chris drew with his second shot and that left Sidmouth 80-78 winners overall – phew!
If you are reading this and thinking of trying this great game of bowls, why not come to our open day.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
It is being held on Saturday, February 24, and runs from 10.30am through to 1pm.
There’s a free trial on offer with bowls provided. There will also be refreshments. Go on, come and give it a go, you can be sure of a warm welcome. You can simply turn up on the day or, if you would like more information, please call 07958 938031.