Sidmouth men edged out in County Over-60s League meeting with Isca
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth men, having already lost to Isca in a Denny Cup tie, met the Exeter-based team in the County Over-60s League, writes Carol Smith.
Although our two home rinks lost by an overall shot difference of minus nine, the two away rinks at Isca managed to finish eight shots in credit.
That was largely due to a magnificent 29-11 win for the rink of Jim Brown, Chas Coates, Allan Davis and skip Chris Nappin.
The overall score could not have been closer and, although the outcome was the same as the earlier meeting, this time the margin between the teams at the end was a single shot with Isca winning 73-72.
Sidmouth ladies were also involved in a Foxlands League fixture, taking on the powerful team that is Torquay United.
You may also want to watch:
Both home teams did well against fierce opposition! The home rink of Jean Brimson, Janice Quinn, Valeire Newnham and skip Carol Smith won by three shots while the other home rink lost by the same margin.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival