Sidmouth men edged out in County Over-60s League meeting with Isca
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth men, having already lost to Isca in a Denny Cup tie, met the Exeter-based team in the County Over-60s League, writes Carol Smith.
Although our two home rinks lost by an overall shot difference of minus nine, the two away rinks at Isca managed to finish eight shots in credit.
That was largely due to a magnificent 29-11 win for the rink of Jim Brown, Chas Coates, Allan Davis and skip Chris Nappin.
The overall score could not have been closer and, although the outcome was the same as the earlier meeting, this time the margin between the teams at the end was a single shot with Isca winning 73-72.
Sidmouth ladies were also involved in a Foxlands League fixture, taking on the powerful team that is Torquay United.
You may also want to watch:
Both home teams did well against fierce opposition! The home rink of Jean Brimson, Janice Quinn, Valeire Newnham and skip Carol Smith won by three shots while the other home rink lost by the same margin.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary