Sidmouth men exit Charles Parrott Trophy at hands of Exeter-based Isca
- Credit: Archant
Wednesday afternoon saw Sidmouth men play their third match in the Devon Over-60s League, writes Ken Wheeler.
This time the opposition was provided by Plymouth, the current league leaders and red-hot favourites to win the league.
Plymouth had already had two massive wins under their belt in this league and Sidmouth became their latest victims, losing 55-115.
Encouragingly, Sidmouth had a couple of newer members making their debut in this league and they both performed well.
On Sunday morning, Sidmouth men played Exeter-based Isca in the first round of the Charles Parrott Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
This competition, open to all indoor clubs in Devon, is played on a knockout basis with each club represented by two rinks of ‘fours’ with one rink of ‘four’ playing at home and one rink of ‘four’ playing away simultaneously.
It excludes any players that have been awarded their county badge. Interestingly, Charles Parrott was once an eminent Sidmouth member and he was also president of the Devon County Indoor Bowls Association back in 1992/93.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Unfortunately, owing to other commitments, several players were unavailable to play in this match, but despite this the team competed well before finally losing by 46 shots to 28.
We will try again next year!