Sidmouth men exit Charles Parrott Trophy at hands of Exeter-based Isca
- Credit: Archant
Wednesday afternoon saw Sidmouth men play their third match in the Devon Over-60s League, writes Ken Wheeler.
This time the opposition was provided by Plymouth, the current league leaders and red-hot favourites to win the league.
Plymouth had already had two massive wins under their belt in this league and Sidmouth became their latest victims, losing 55-115.
Encouragingly, Sidmouth had a couple of newer members making their debut in this league and they both performed well.
On Sunday morning, Sidmouth men played Exeter-based Isca in the first round of the Charles Parrott Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
This competition, open to all indoor clubs in Devon, is played on a knockout basis with each club represented by two rinks of ‘fours’ with one rink of ‘four’ playing at home and one rink of ‘four’ playing away simultaneously.
It excludes any players that have been awarded their county badge. Interestingly, Charles Parrott was once an eminent Sidmouth member and he was also president of the Devon County Indoor Bowls Association back in 1992/93.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book
Unfortunately, owing to other commitments, several players were unavailable to play in this match, but despite this the team competed well before finally losing by 46 shots to 28.
We will try again next year!