Sidmouth men impress against Over-60s League champions Exonia
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth men played their penultimate match in the season’s Over-60s County Trophy League.
They had a tough task with the opposition being Exeter-based outfit Exonia, who are traditionally a strong team and, this season, they have already landed the league title!
However, Sidmouth bowled well, picking up three valuable points in the process, and that means they stay in the runners-up spot.
The top Sidmouth rink was the one of Tony Brown, Mick Cox, John Mason and skip Bob Seldon, with a fine score of 16-11.
The past week also saw Sidmouth ladies in friendly action against Budleigh, who fielded two rinks to the three put out by Sidmouth, so not so many ladies were required as might have been had Budleigh had a full complement.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth duly won both rinks that were played with the top rink being the one of Lorna Lever, Joan Monagham, Mary Turner and skip Elaine Reed, who won 20-12.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Mitch 'still committed' to £1 million Sidmouth restaurant plan