Sidmouth men impress against Over-60s League champions Exonia
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth men played their penultimate match in the season’s Over-60s County Trophy League.
They had a tough task with the opposition being Exeter-based outfit Exonia, who are traditionally a strong team and, this season, they have already landed the league title!
However, Sidmouth bowled well, picking up three valuable points in the process, and that means they stay in the runners-up spot.
The top Sidmouth rink was the one of Tony Brown, Mick Cox, John Mason and skip Bob Seldon, with a fine score of 16-11.
The past week also saw Sidmouth ladies in friendly action against Budleigh, who fielded two rinks to the three put out by Sidmouth, so not so many ladies were required as might have been had Budleigh had a full complement.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth duly won both rinks that were played with the top rink being the one of Lorna Lever, Joan Monagham, Mary Turner and skip Elaine Reed, who won 20-12.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution