Sidmouth men in narrow defeat to Budleigh
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth men were involved in a most enjoyable – and competitive – match against neighbouring Madeira from Exmouth, writes Carol Smith.
The teams meet twice each indoor season and the matches are always close.
This latest encounter was no different and ended, fittingly, in a 53-all draw.
The best Sidmouth rink was the one of Jim Brown, John Chew, Ken Tolley and skip Bob Seldon.
The ladies met good friends from Budleigh Salterton for a friendly fixture. Budleigh are not blessed with the same sort of playing numbers that Sidmouth enjoy, and, with the current spate of sickness bugs doing the rounds, the visitors were loaned the services of one of the Sidmouth players, who ended up on the winning side as Budleigh took the match honours to the tune of a 35-32 score line.
You may also want to watch:
The successful Sidmouth rink in the match was the one of Mary Turner, Jean Green and skip Zena Johnson. Well done, ladies.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth