Sidmouth men push Interclub table-toppers Plymouth all the way
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth men were in action in what was the penultimate match of their Devon Interclub League campaign, writes Carol Smith.
Sidmouth went into the game knowing it would be a tough task for them to get the better of their opponents – unbeaten table-topping Plymouth.
However, despite the odds being stacked against them, the Sidmouth team put up a great show before eventually going down by a margin of 13 shots over the four rinks played.
There was one winning Sidmouth rink and that was the one of Andrew Lowe, Brian Barber, David Fairclough and skip Norman Brimson, who recorded a splendid 26-18 success. Well done, to them.
There was one friendly played at the club over the past week and it was a meeting with Dunkeswell that was reduced from a three rink match to a two rink contest.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth won on both rinks with the top rink being the one of Chris Radburn, Jenny Fricker, Ken Tolley and skip Val Newnham, who won 23-9.
Last week’s reporting from the club was all about the ladies, and this week’s news is dominated by the men – so, I wonder what we shall have for you next week?
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 The questions of British Lions selection
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
The end of the indoor season is now less than six weeks away and so most of the club competitions are down to the semi-final stages with the club finals, set for April, rapidly approaching.