Sidmouth men’s Captains Day success
The Sidmouth men’s Captain’s Day meeting proved to be a most successful event, writes Carol Smith.
Captain Mike, together with past captain John, put together a thoroughly enjoyable game with some 40 playing members and eight invited guests.
Adding to the occasion was some splendid weather and the ladies served the most delicious of ‘bowlers teas’ at the halfway mark of proceedings.
Needless to say, after the on-green action everyone retired to the bar to enjoy a drink – or two.
As often happens in such matches the vice-captain, or as was the case this time round, the past captain’s – team won the match with the final score being 87-61.
You may also want to watch:
The pick of the captain’s teams was the one of Ted Button, Gordon Brown, George Hudec and skip Mick Cox, who were 18-16 winners while the pick of the successful past captain’s team was the rink of Mark Stephens, Derek Mountford, David Bates and skip Allan Davis, who won 20-9.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend