Sidmouth men’s Captains Day success
The Sidmouth men’s Captain’s Day meeting proved to be a most successful event, writes Carol Smith.
Captain Mike, together with past captain John, put together a thoroughly enjoyable game with some 40 playing members and eight invited guests.
Adding to the occasion was some splendid weather and the ladies served the most delicious of ‘bowlers teas’ at the halfway mark of proceedings.
Needless to say, after the on-green action everyone retired to the bar to enjoy a drink – or two.
As often happens in such matches the vice-captain, or as was the case this time round, the past captain’s – team won the match with the final score being 87-61.
You may also want to watch:
The pick of the captain’s teams was the one of Ted Button, Gordon Brown, George Hudec and skip Mick Cox, who were 18-16 winners while the pick of the successful past captain’s team was the rink of Mark Stephens, Derek Mountford, David Bates and skip Allan Davis, who won 20-9.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown