Sidmouth men’s Open success for Dawlish Warren trio
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s annual Men’s Open on Saturday enjoyed excellent weather which brought out the best in the course conditions for both home and visiting players, writes Hugh Dorliac.
Three man teams playing a two-to-score stableford points format had varying fortunes, but the winners produced excellent scores.
Of the home teams, in third place with 79 points were Steve Channing, Adrian Baldwin and Michael Knight.
In second place were Neil Holland, Mark Thomas and Mike Jenkins also on 79, but with a better back nine score.
The home winners were George West, Brian Leach and Don Cooper, again with 79 points, but with an impressive 42 point back nine.
You may also want to watch:
The away winners were from Dawlish Warren and they also had the best score of the day, 82.
The Dawlish Warren team comprised of Kim Stoneman, Mike Philips and Malcolm Watchorn.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club