Sidmouth Men’s Open success for Exminster trio
- Credit: Archant
The usual Friday competition at Sidmouth Golf Club was cancelled this week as the Sidmouth Men’s Open was on the schedule, writes John Barnard.
This is a three-man team event off three quarters handicap played as a medal with the best score on each hole to count. Unfortunately this year, it wasn’t well supported so it was a small field playing.
In pride of place was a team from Exminster Golf Club. Martin Cox, Paul Ham, Matthew Sail shot an excellent 53, 13 better than par. They were one of the early starting teams and were very happy back in the clubhouse with their score which never looked like being beaten.
In second place were the consistent prize winners, Kevin Legg, Roy Turner, Eric McMath with a score of 56.
They just beat Chris (CC) Roberts, Steve Crabb, Craig Melluish on countback with a better back nine holes.
You may also want to watch:
In fourth place were Nigel Sharp, Bob Webber, Pop Banfield who scored 57.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences