Sidmouth Men’s Open success for Exminster trio
- Credit: Archant
The usual Friday competition at Sidmouth Golf Club was cancelled this week as the Sidmouth Men’s Open was on the schedule, writes John Barnard.
This is a three-man team event off three quarters handicap played as a medal with the best score on each hole to count. Unfortunately this year, it wasn’t well supported so it was a small field playing.
In pride of place was a team from Exminster Golf Club. Martin Cox, Paul Ham, Matthew Sail shot an excellent 53, 13 better than par. They were one of the early starting teams and were very happy back in the clubhouse with their score which never looked like being beaten.
In second place were the consistent prize winners, Kevin Legg, Roy Turner, Eric McMath with a score of 56.
They just beat Chris (CC) Roberts, Steve Crabb, Craig Melluish on countback with a better back nine holes.
You may also want to watch:
In fourth place were Nigel Sharp, Bob Webber, Pop Banfield who scored 57.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council