Sidmouth men’s Over-60s team eye up quarter-final slot
- Credit: Archant
It has been another good week for the Sidmouth men’s teams, writes Ken Wheeler.
There was a Wednesday afternoon fixture for the men in their Devon Over-60s League campaign, this one against close neighbours Honiton.
We got off to a flying start and, after 10 ends, were winning on all four rinks by an overall score of 19 shots.
Although we did in the end lose one of the four rinks played, we did manage to hold on to this lead to achieve an impressive 85-67 shot victory.
On this occasion, it was the two rinks playing at Honiton who did most of the damage, with the rink of Tony Holland, Bill Sheerman, David Fairclough and skip Ken Wheeler in good form and notching up a 26-13 shot win.
You may also want to watch:
This competition actually comprises two separate leagues with the top four in each league automatically qualifying for a place in what becomes the quarter-finals of the knock-out stage, played towards the end of the indoor season.
The win over Honiton sees Sidmouth move up into third place in their league and, with two games remaining, are well in contention for one of those coveted quarter-final berths.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution