Sidmouth men suffer another narrow defeat to South Hams
- Credit: Archant
On Saturday morning Sidmouth men played South Hams in their second match in the Devon Interclub League, writes Ken Wheeler.
The two teams had met just a few weeks before in an Over-60s League meeting - one that saw Sidmouth suffer a narrow six shot defeat and so revenge was very much on the minds of the Sidmouth bowlers.
Just as the previous meeting had been, this was a close contest throughout.
Sidmouth began well and, at the halfway stage it was they who held an eight shot lead at 44-26.
However, the second half of the fixture saw the lead gradually whittled down and, when the final wood had been delivered, South Hams were 82-76 winners, meaning a second successive six shot defeat against the same opposition for Sidmouth!
You may also want to watch:
Despite the loss there were certainly some encouraging performances especially among some of the newer members of the team.
Tony Holland, Bill Sheerman, John Mason and skip Chris Nappin were Sidmouth’s sole victors, winning 21-12.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?