Sidmouth men suffer another narrow defeat to South Hams
- Credit: Archant
On Saturday morning Sidmouth men played South Hams in their second match in the Devon Interclub League, writes Ken Wheeler.
The two teams had met just a few weeks before in an Over-60s League meeting - one that saw Sidmouth suffer a narrow six shot defeat and so revenge was very much on the minds of the Sidmouth bowlers.
Just as the previous meeting had been, this was a close contest throughout.
Sidmouth began well and, at the halfway stage it was they who held an eight shot lead at 44-26.
However, the second half of the fixture saw the lead gradually whittled down and, when the final wood had been delivered, South Hams were 82-76 winners, meaning a second successive six shot defeat against the same opposition for Sidmouth!
You may also want to watch:
Despite the loss there were certainly some encouraging performances especially among some of the newer members of the team.
Tony Holland, Bill Sheerman, John Mason and skip Chris Nappin were Sidmouth’s sole victors, winning 21-12.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout