Sidmouth men suffer at the hands of all-conquering David Lloyd A team
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s Men’s league side suffered a difficult past week, writes Kate Truman.
Having enjoyed an impressive start to the season, the progress of the Men’s A team was brought to an abrupt halt on the first Wednesday of June in a match against the seemingly unstoppable David Lloyd A team who have yet to lose a set against any team in their Division.
Despite several hard-fought deuce games, the Sidmouth team, comprising Mike Fletcher and Martin Truman and Alex Spalding and Peter Fung, were ruthlessly and efficiently dispatched by the visitors; 0-6, 1-6 and 0-6, 0-6, to lose 0-8 overall.
It was all over so quickly that it left the home pairing sufficient daylight for a further two sets of Sidmouth versus Sidmouth doubles after tea to restore some belief!
A day earlier the Men’s B team of John Clarke, Mark Heywood, Grant Neumegen and Richard Davies travel to the Riviera in brilliant sunshine to take on a Torquay side packed with Devon youth elite players.
You may also want to watch:
An enjoyable evening of tennis at a fine club venue followed, but the tourists failed to bring home a point.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support