Sidmouth Mixed Open triumph for Burgess and Anning
- Credit: Archant
It was the Mixed Open golf competition at Sidmouth on Sunday, writes John Barnard.
The ladies admire the long drives of the men (sometimes straight) while the men are on their best behaviour with their more graceful swings (hopefully).
Excellent in theory, but the first time that your partner leaves you a four footer back for two points, relations can become a bit strained.
However, no problems for the home winners David Burgess and Yvonne Anning with an excellent 46 points narrowly beating Maria Clapp and Michael Gosling with 45 points.
The winning away team were Michael and Marian Martin from Wareham with 40pts.
You may also want to watch:
Nearest the pins were Yvonne Anning on the fourth and Kim White on the 12th.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution