Sidmouth Monday stableford success for Matt Bavington
- Credit: Archant
The second Monday stableford was won this week by Matt Bavington with an excellent 40 points, writes John Barnard
At last it seems that the scores are beginning to improve as the course dries, the greens improve etc.
Matt had a fabulous start, birdies on the first two holes. A no score on the eighth looked like the round might be unravelling but a one under gross back nine, including birdies on holes ten and 17 were just enough for the win.
In second place was Neil Holland. Playing off scratch now, a couple of bogies in the first four holes were then offset by six birdies over the next 14 holes as he went round in three under gross to record 39 points.
Tony Stoyle was third in the club competition, but this round also won him the seniors competition.
You may also want to watch:
Not a great front nine, but a one over gross back nine off his handicap of thirteen meant lots of points.
In the season-long eclectic competition, Mark Laird holds an early lead on 60.2 with John Jones second on 61.1, helped by eagling the eighteenth!
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
A steady start to the season by Harrison Jones sees him in third place, just ahead of Stuart Coles by point two of a shot.