Sidmouth Monday stableford success for Steve Milton
- Credit: Archant
The Monday stableford was played on the Easter Bank Holiday Monday so this ensured a big entry on a lovely Spring day, writes John Barnard.
The course has never looked better and with the glorious views out over Lyme Bay, there was no better place to be. Steve Milton, not worried by the warm weather as he has just returned from ‘down under’, showed no signs of travel weariness by scoring an excellent 41 points.
Eleven pars and two birdies meant a handicap reduction to six, his best ever.
Kym White was second, an excellent outcome as Kym has struggled with his game recently but some lessons from the Sidmouth professional and perseverance has paid off.
Kym hits it hard, not always straight so there were a couple of no scoring holes which cost him a win and a greater handicap reduction but a birdie and seven pars off his handicap of 19 showed promise for the future.
You may also want to watch:
John Jones was third with 39 points and he managed four birdies but a number of bogies on par threes’s reduced his score.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown