Sidmouth monthly medal win for Mike Knight
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth monthly medal for June, sponsored by Gaters Contractors, saw some excellent golf played on a quickening course in steamy conditions, writes Hugh Dorliac.
The Division One medal was won by Mike Knight with a two under par 64.
David Cowler took second and third was Stuart Coles, with both scoring 65. As a result of their rounds each of the first three had a handicap cut of one shot.
The Division Two medal winner was club captain Colin Macklin with his score being 66. In what was a close contest, second with 68, was Lester Willmington and third, with 69, was Hugh Dorliac 69.
Division Three saw a tremendous 63 secure the medal for Mike Smedley, slashing his handicap by two shots.
You may also want to watch:
Second was Dave Richards losing yet another shot (down now to a handicap of 23) on 68 with recent new member Richard Seaver on 69, coming third.
In the latest Upper Crust Monday Stableford, it was John White who took the honours with a score of 41. The minor places went to Kym White (no relation), on 40 and Dave Richards on 39. All three had their handicaps cut by two shots for their fine efforts!
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections