Sidmouth Moore Cup joy for Ros Eaton
- Credit: Archant
This week 19 ladies took part in the competition for the Moore Cup, writes Andrea Milton.
The Moore Cup was given to the ladies section by former club member Mrs Moore and is played as a stroke play competition.
This is combined with a medal competition on the same day. After recent rain the course was very wet underfoot but the day was mostly dry with a light breeze.
The winner of the Moore Cup, and medal 12, was Ros Eaton, with a nett 66.
With a great par on the eighth, another on the 12th, plus a birdie two on 11, she was well on her way.
You may also want to watch:
Finishing with another par on the final hole sealed her win and gave her a handicap cut to 22. Ros also had the only two of the day.
In second place, with pars on the fourth and fifth holes, was Mo Kendall with a nett 69, just pipping Mandy Furniss, who also had a nett 69, into third place.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
A putting competition was concurrent with the main competition and this was won by Chris Cave with 32 putts in total, just beating Marie Timms on the back nine.
Also this week, on Sunday, the Married Couples competition took place.
Sixteen people braved the rain to play a greensomes competition. Winning with 40 points were Steve and Andrea Milton.
The runners-up, with a score of 38, were Paddy and Sheila Tallon.
Well done, to all this weeks winners.